SC4B81 – Swing Clear Full Mortise Ball Bearing Hinge
Heavy Weight: 4.5″
PBB, Inc. template hinges are manufactured to close tolerances and meet all specifications and requirements set by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
For use in hospitals, institutional or commercial type buildings for barrier-free environment. Wherever doors are required to meet barrier- free codes (ADA) or are required to swing completely clear of the openings so that wide equipment can pass through without damaging doors, frames or equipment, reducing opening maintenance.
- All swing clear hinges are made for reversible applications.
- Designed to swing doors completely clear of the opening when door is opened 95º. When opened 90º door projects 11/64” past stop of jamb.
- For heavy weight doors receiving high frequency service.
- For hospital type, add HT to suffix of part number.
- All hinges are ANSI template.
SC4B81: Available Materials
SC4B81 (ANSI A8121)
Steel-Polished and Plated or Bonderized and Prime Coated for Painting
SC4B51 (ANSI A5121)
Stainless Steel-Polished and Satin Finish
SC4B81: Product Specifications
.180 ± .005 for 4-1/2”
Minimum Clearance Required
Dimension “A” (inches) 2-1/8”
*NOTE: Specify square or beveled when ordering product.
4.50 (+.000/-.015) for 4-1/2”
FHMS – 12-24 x 1/2”
FHWS – 12 x 1-1/4”
One hinge per plastic bag, 3 hinges and 1 screw pack per unit carton.
8 unit carton or 24 hinges per master shipping carton.