SCCB81 – Concealed Bearing Swing Clear Hinge
Standard Weight: 4.5″ or 5″
PBB, Inc. template hinges are manufactured to close tolerances and meet all specifications and requirements set by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
For use in hospitals, institutional or commercial type buildings for barrier-free environment. Wherever doors are required to meet barrier- free codes (ADA) or are required to swing completely clear of the openings so that wide equipment can pass through without damaging doors, frames or equipment, reducing opening maintenance.
- All swing clear hinges are made for reversible applications.
- Designed to swing doors completely clear of the opening when door is opened 95º.
- When opened 90º door projects 3/32” past stop of jamb.
- Recommended for 3’0” x 7’0” x 1-3/4” doors not to exceed 150 lbs.
- For medium weight doors receiving average frequency service.
- For hospital type, add HT to suffix of part number.
- Concealed bearing for trouble free long life application.
- All hinges are ANSI template.
ALL HALF MORTISE HINGES ARE MADE FOR REVERSIBLE APPLICATIONS
SCCB81: Available Materials
SCCB81 (ANSI A8122)
Steel-Polished and Plated or Bonderized and Prime Coated for Painting
SCCB51 (ANSI A5122)
Stainless Steel-Polished and Satin Finish
SCCB81: Product Specifications
.134 ± .005 for 4-1/2″
.146 ± .005 for 5”
Minimum Clearance Required
Dimension “A” (inches) 2-1/8”
NOTE: Specify square or beveled when ordering product.
4.50 (+.000/-.015) for 4-1/2”
5” (+.000/-.015)for 5”
FHMS – 12-24 x 1/2”
FHWS – 12 x 1-1/4”
One hinge per plastic bag, 3 hinges and 1 screw pack per unit carton.
12 unit carton or 36 hinges per master shipping carton.
1 screw pack includes all machine screws (24), and 1/2 wood screws (12). ATMS & AWS also available.